2015年11月15日 星期日

Three Important Aspects in Life

Three Important Aspects in Life (人生三點)


Simple as they are, they contain some profound philosophical truth in life.

“A little giving away, a little simplicity and a little purity.” People will be more cheerful if they have successfully accumulated the above three.

In an interview by journalists, Mr. Kuo, Tai-Ming (郭台銘), President of Chief Supplier of Apple Products in Taiwan, was asked if he really feels like an emperor.

「郭台銘」的圖片搜尋結果

Kuo said, “I am not an emperor, rather, I am a sugar potato. I play the part of a sugar potato or Santa Claus at each year’s New Year’s Eve Party.  I have been only reported to be much greater than I really am.”

My father used to be a civil servant. He set a very good example for us children to follow, teaching us how to make the best of a poor living. We were taught not to take what does not belong to us. We did not have a house of our own during childhood.

We did not own sofas in our house; the best we own was chairs made of vines.  However, sitting on them, we did not feel poor at heart ourselves. 

Mr. Kuo, the wealthiest man in Taiwan, said, “My monthly expenses never exceed $10,000 N.T. Dollars.  I do not have to wear a wrist watch for I always have an I-Phone with me.  I have more wallets, and cell phones than I need for they are free gifts given to me at parties. 

I do not like to enjoy more things than I actually need.  Seated on old and shabby vined chairs, I feel more contented than on sofas made of genuine leather.  Mr. Kuo is a 100 % rich man.

Master Hsing-Yun (星雲大師- World Leader of Buddhism) often says, ”Contentment and rejoicing is real riches.  Riches are not measured by figures in your bank account but by health, wisdom, mercy and gratitude.

「星雲大師」的圖片搜尋結果

Wealthy people without contentment are like beggars dressed in expensive clothes. People possessed of many materials but feeling unhappy are wealthy in disguise.  They are spiritually poor.

Currently, there is a saying quite popular online, “A little giving away, a little simplicity and a little purity.”, and then you will be a little bit happier.”

Simple life does not signify poverty. Rejoicing at heart means wealth.

People used to spend much money on very expensive food of nutrition. Now it turns out that the cheapest food- sweet potatoes, is the most nutritious. It becomes a popular trend that sweet potatoes turns out most favorite food of rich people.

Based on the above, being expensive does not mean usefulness.  Good stuff is usually found in least expensive things. Here lies great philosophy in sweet potatoes.

The importance of a thing lies not so much in price as in nutrition.  The truth is the same with life.

網路文章

Translated by Justin Lai


賴正雄    11/12/2015

沒有留言:

張貼留言